Thursday, March 4, 2010

Holiday "any special day of rest or relaxation"

Well I dont know about the resting but my holiday was definitely marvelous!

Which meant that I spent the week walking around in London with two of my friends Hensu(Henrietta) and Veronica.

Our daily "walks" were more like sight seeing/shopping tours around London, because they took like 8 hours every day. Despite the fact that you couldnt get around london very fast we did manage to see quite many famous sights and go to places some only dream of, like:
Big Ben
Buckingham Palace
British Museum
Piccadilly Circus
I addition to all of this we also had time to see a musical the Lion King, which is must-do if anyone is going to london, and it really was mind-blowing!! If there will ever be a next time for me to go to London I so will go and see another musical :)

The trip was amazing!
Friends, no school, world famous buildings, spending money, friendly accommodation, what else do I need for super-hüper terrific holiday!

Ps. London is the worlds 18th largest city with 12 875 000 inhabitants, no wonder it seemed to take ages to get from one side of the city to another on the underground.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Katri!

    Your trip to London sounded really fun! I wish I get to go there someday, but it's good that you enjoyed your holiday=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The underground is my favorite thing in London. Might sound a bit odd, but I find it an exiting and easy way to travel. I suppose it´s because we don´t have a lot of them here in Finland. "Mind the gap!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like you had a lot of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Timo check your spelling on the word "exiting" = exciting

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeees i likey! (: YES TIMO IT'S NOT EXITING ! (: joking (:

    ReplyDelete